Offers for University Graduates
is a development program of our company designed for university graduates majoring in electrical engineering – heavy current. It offers a unique possibility for the graduates to learn the ropes quickly. It also enables to get a complete overview of our company, the tasks of the individual function units, and interconnection of their activities. The program participants have numerous possibilities to work at our company – from the area of grid control, grid operation, and work at electrical substations to construction management of high voltage constructions.
Basic Characteristics of the Trainee Program:
- it serves for the preparation of future specialists for technical function units;
- it represents a form of an internship for graduates within the framework in which the participant works in several departments;
- the target positions are defined in the beginning of the program and the rotation at the technical units of the company is adapted to this as well;
- it lasts 12 months during which a labour contract for a definite time period is concluded with the participant;
- the course of the program, the personal and professional development of its participants are regularly evaluated;
- it includes a system of intensive mentoring (every participant has his own assigned mentor who offers him support and shares his experience).
Trainee Program Offers:
- effective professional and personal development,
- work experience in several job positions in a short time period,
- learning about the company based on the bottom-up principle,
- intensive mentoring system,
- international company setting,
- interesting social benefit program,
- possibility of a short-term internship within the RWE Group.
Requirements upon Trainee Program Participants:
- completed university education with major in electrical engineering – majors Electrical Power Industry and Electric Drives are a precondition (3 years after graduation at the latest),
- active knowledge of English and / or German language is an advantage,
- user level computer skills,
- team-work skills,
- analytical and conceptual thinking,
- initiative and flexibility,
- goal and result orientation.
The selection of participants takes place annually in May and June based on the evaluation of CVs, language tests, results of the assessment centre and personal interviews.